Online shopping is still a fairly new phenomenon in…
Meeting Industry Colleagues at Alimentaria
KLBD experts are helping companies in Spain reach new markets through kosher certification at the Alimentaria trade show in Barcelona.
Sharon Feldman, is at the event along with Rabbi Neill Lampert of KLBD, answering questions from food industry professionals who
are keen to learn about the advantages to be gained through kosher
Alimentaria is Spain’s leading agrifood industry trade fair and is one of the largest events of this type in the world, visited by buyers from across the globe.
- Takes place 31 March to 3 April
- 3,800 participating companies
- Visitors from over 140 countries
- 600 key importers and distributors
The latest trends in food and drink are being demonstrated at the show, with expert chefs, holding a cumulative total of 50 Michelin stars, preparing food at “The Alimentaria Experience”.
The show has been promoted internationally, which is why many of the buyers at Alimentaria are from the Americas and Asia in addition to buyers from mainland Europe. This corresponds with the aim of the Spanish government to boost food and beverage exports from 22,600 million Euros in 2013 to 46,000 million Euros in 2020. Such products include Spanish grown meat and meat products, wine and olive oil.
- Wine tasting area presenting 50 of the world’s favourite wines
- Gourmet olive oil tasting bar showcasing over 100 popular oils
- Cheese tasting area depicting the evolution of Spanish cheese making